16594 Posts in 1600 Topics - by 1057 Members - Latest Member: JaxFP

Author Topic: LVTour race bug  (Read 274 times)

Offline Andrej_23

• Record stealer
  • Stunting Newbie

• Badges: (View All)
LVTour race bug
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »
Hi, everyone.

So, I raced in LV Tour two days ago. It was not a serious race, with lots of mistakes, and bad driving. I win first place, and then it says in the chat that I've broken TheKing1220's record by 14 seconds. Yes, 14 seconds! And some people assumed that only logical explanation is - I cheated.

But I didn't. That's why I'm writing this post, to report the situation, get suspicion off myself and explain few things.

Originally I wanted to ask for my illegitimate record to be removed, but just now, before writing this message, I've seen in Race Records it already is. I'm glad for that. All that's left is to explain the bug.

So, I've been playing in this server for some time; almost one year, to be exact. Races were always my favorite minigame, and I know almost all tracks very well. However, the only race I've ever had problem with is LV Tour race, because it's bugged. The problem is about its checkpoints.

I've eventually stopped joining LV Tour races, because there was this extra, unintended glitched checkpoint that would appear really far away from Las Venturas; I think somewhere around Area 69. So you are forced to travel the distance from LV airport to that stupid checkpoint, and then all the way back to the finish line just outside airport on the highway. That takes about 2-5 extra minutes, even for those who know about that. Then just imagine how much it confuses players that encounter it for the first time? Some of them get totally lost and don't even finish the race under 8 minutes.

In my case, however, that checkpoint DIDN'T appear. So, how did I finish 14 seconds earlier than TheKing1220?

I bet it's because 5-10 checkpoints went missing! I'm not 100% sure which ones, because I didn't race in LV Tour for a long time, but I certainly felt difference from before: I felt that race was much shorter. As if I've skipped some parts.
I concluded this for two reasons:
1) I didn't cheat.
2) My performance in race was mediocre, so it's extremely unlikely that I could beat record at all, let alone for 14 damn seconds.

Now I wonder: Does anyone know why is, of all races, only LVTour buggy? What is the solution; is it fixable?

I hope it is, so this situation doesn't happen again.

Cheers!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!

Offline TheKing1220

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Server Owner
  • Spammer

Donated To UltraStuntunting
Re: LVTour race bug
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 10:59:10 PM »
That race was fixed because i remade the race about 2 weeks ago thats why i had the record, other than that it should be working fine. My record was easy to break because i was just testing again it a few days ago to make sure it worked. I dont know who reset the record on that race because it wasnt me but then again all race records are going be reset soon anyways its been way too long.

The following users thanked this post: Andrej_23

Offline Andrej_23

• Record stealer
  • Stunting Newbie

Re: LVTour race bug
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 06:40:17 PM »
Oh, I see, that makes sense. So my impression of race being shorter was wrong. Thanks for response!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19